Implemented by: National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) Funded by:Yemen Humanitarian Fund (YHF) Target areas: Ma'rib City and the Ma'rib al-Wadi district in the Ma'rib governorate. Al-Abr District, Hadramout governorate.
Implementation period: January 15, 2021 - January 14, 2022 Targeted by food activities: 2,284 families Targeted by education activities: 6000 school boys and girls
Project Objective: Improve access to food security and safe and inclusive learning spaces for the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities through emergency food assistance and education support interventions.
Project activities: 1 Food Security Activities:
Disbursing cash assistance (53,000YRs) to targeted families for a period of six months (six disbursement cycles).
2 Education Activities:
- Establishing 9 semi-permanent classrooms in 3 schools in Ma'rib.
- Rehabilitation and restoration of 8 toilets in 5 schools in Marib city.
- Distributing 6000 school bags with their supplies to the displaced students in the targeted schools.
- Supporting the targeted schools with 600 double school seats, 60 boards, markers and erasers.
Criteria for targeting beneficiaries of emergency food aid:
- Households not targeted by any kind of cash or food aid from any party (on regular basis) .
- Households with (child-children) of less than 5 years of age who suffer from severe acute malnutrition or moderate acute malnutrition.
- Pregnant and / or breastfeeding women at risk.
- Households that do not have assets or means of income (reliable source of income).
- Households headed by individuals who suffer from chronic illnesses or are physically disabled.
- Households headed by physically challenged individuals with special needs.
- Households do not receive adequate help from other sources.
- Marginalized (Muhamasheen).
Non-governmental and non-profit organization. Establish in June 2012. The Foundation works to improve community participation in access to basic services, advocate and monitor policies, as well as promote the participation of women and youth at local and