Integrated Complementary Interventions Project for WASH and Basic Education Services for the Most Vulnerable IDPs and Host Communities in Al Bayda and Marib Governorates (Priority 1)
Fund by: Yemen Humanitarian Fund (YHF)
Implemented by: National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR)
Project period: 1/6/2022 to 31/12/2022
BNFs of WASH activities:
17,520 Households (24,674 men, 25,717 women, 35,515 boys, 36,738 girls)
BNFs of Education activities:
8000 school-age children (3,520 boys and 4,480 girls)
Total number of BNFs:
Districts of Al-Bayda City, Rada'a, Radman, Al-Sawma'a, Al-Bayda Governorate &
Al-Abdiya District, Marib Governorate
Providing life-saving education and WASH assistance to the most vulnerable and conflict-affected people in underserved areas with acute needs.
Main project activities:
- Rehabilitation of 3 water projects
- Supply and installation of 3 solar-powered pumping systems
- Establishing 13 classrooms in Al-Bayda Governorate.
- Rehabilitation of 75 classrooms.
- Supporting targeted schools with 940 double school seats.
-Supporting targeted schools with 19 recreational bags and 75 board.
- Supporting 8000 school boys and girls with school bags and supplies.
Rehabilitation of 38 bathrooms in targeted schools.
Criteria for selecting the target schools:
- Partially destroyed schools, but class continue.
- High Density Schools of both boys and girls.
- Acute need for school supplies and furniture.
Criteria for selecting Students
- The poorest students
- Displaced students
- Students with special needs
- Students from marginalized community
- Host community students