Implementation location: Sa`ada Governorate Haydan and Kitaf district(s)
Number of beneficiaries: 26913 individuals: 10,812 individuals from WASH intervention, and 16100 individual beneficiaries for Shelter.
Overall project objective
Provide people in acute need of WASH and Shelter services access to life-saving safe drinking water, sanitation, hygiene and shelter supportive services in Haydan and Kitaf districts in Sa’ada governorate.
- Providing safe and clean water for the beneficiaries from harvested tanks and improving the environmental sanitation represented in rehabilitating Haydan central butchery's structure and implementing community-based hygiene and awareness campaigns.
- Supporting families affected by the conflict with Non-food items NFIs.
- Construct/rehabilitate Rain Harvesting Tanks in Haydan district.
- Rehabilitation of the sanitation, sewage & disposal systems in Haydan central butchery's structure, ensure standard disposal & collection of waste material & residuals.
- Distribution of 2300 in-kind Non-food items NFIs, where 800 NFIs in Haydan and 1500 NFIs in Kitaf.
- Training the water, sanitation committees and responsible personnel in Haydan district
- Conduct training workshop for the community health volunteers (CHVs) in hygiene promotion and community engagement approaches in Haydan district.
- Awareness raising sessions on proper hygiene, health and nutrition practices.
- Distribution of informational materials (posters, brochures, and flyers) according to WASH cluster standards.